- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Aesthetix Callisto Signature Linestage
Callisto is an all-tube linestage suitable for the most demanding audio systems and listeners. Fully balanced circuitry from input to output, including internal balancing of single-ended inputs, results in common mode signal rejection and cleaner sound. The innovative discrete switched resistor volume control maximizes resolution at any listening level. A separate power supply chassis removes any possibility of transformer noise corrupting the delicate audio circuitry. Peter Moncrief Stealth Capacitors are used in the Eclipse Edition for unparalleled sound quality.
• Fully balanced differential circuitry with ability to internally balance a single-ended input signal.
• Innovative and unique mechanically switched discrete resistor volume control with 46 positions using Roederstein resistors.
• Separate volume controls and input selectors for each channel.
• All tube amplification and output (8 tubes total).
• Separate vacuum tube regulated power supply utilizing 8 tubes.
• Two sets of XLR and two sets of RCA outputs per channel.
• Six inputs: First two single-ended (rca) or balanced (XLR); remaining four single-ended (rca) only.
Signature, released in 2001, was the first major step forward for the Io and Callisto. Incorporating improved componentry such as Dynamicaps from Peter Moncrief and hand tuning the individual gain stages, greater resolution and inner detail were achieved without sacrificing the richness and dynamic bloom of the original design.
The Signature version uses custom-made inter-stage Teflon coupling capacitors, replacing the polypropylene units, between the 1st and 2nd gain stages. This change results in very high resolution of the very low signal level. Between the 2nd and 3rd, and 3rd and 4th gain stages (4 total per channel), the standard Rel-Caps are replaced with .22uF Dynamicap. The change in these capacitors results in higher resolution, extension, less grain and more air. The 2uF output coupling capacitors (4 per channel) are also replaced with 4uF Dynamicaps. This change provides more drive, bass extension, resolution and dynamics while also reducing grain. Highly specialized adjustable air-core capacitors, used primarily in the radio-frequency realm, are installed and adjusted to “tweek” each unit to a rigid standard.