We as audiophiles often seek 'giant killer' components. Though the phrase is loosely used, rarely, if ever do we find such elusive equipment. The BDA-3 is one of these rare specimens. An extraordinarily well engineered DAC, the BDA-3 is compatible with virtually any digital source component and features measured performance that is very near the theoretical limit of the digital audio streams it can decode. Such a well executed DAC can resolve the finest details in your digital recording with aplomb. Besides it's superb measured performance, it's a total joy to use and listen to. It is operationally easy to understand and sounds better than anyone could expect. Regardless of your digital audio budget, this should be on your short list.
The Bryston BDA-3 is a state of the art stereo digital to analog converter that accepts digital input from up to 10 source components and connects to an analog line-level preamplifier. Both DSD and PCM audio data are supported. Advanced engineering and application of technological advancements mean that even previously highly regarded digital source components may have dramatically improved sound quality when connected to the BDA-3.
- 10 different inputs including 4 HDMI, 2 USB, AES/EBU, S/PDIF RCA, S/PDIF BNC, and Toslink
- PCM support up to 384 kHz / 32 bit
- DSD support up to DSD-256 (x4)
- User selectable upsampling for some inputs
- Separate power supplies for analog and digital circuitry
- Fully discrete Class-A balanced analog outputs
- Control via IR, RS232, IP, or 12V trigger
- Aluminum chassis and metalwork. Machined and anodized aluminum dress panel.
|Inches: 17 or 19 W x 3.4 H x 12 D
|8.5 lbs | 4 kg
|20Hz - 20kHz: ±0.1dB
|XLR: 4V | RCA: 2V