Meet Vandersteen Audio's liquid-cooled M7-HPA (High-Pass Amplifier), the revolutionary next step in power amplifier design and loudspeaker performance. The dramatic reduction in distortion realized by Vandersteen’s patented Perfect-Piston™ drivers (US patent #8320604) made it clear to Richard Vandersteen that the next frontier of speaker performance would only be achieved by designing a radical new state-of-the-art amplifier from the ground up, exclusively for Vandersteen’s time- and phase-correct powered subwoofers and/or powered-bass loudspeaker systems.
Vandersteen, for years, has employed amplifiers custom-tailored to each design in Vandersteen’s subwoofers and the equalized bass sections in its powered-bass loudspeakers in conjunction with passive 100Hz high-pass filters for the ultimate performance. When paired with a Vandersteen-powered subwoofer and/or a powered-bass Vandersteen speaker like the flagship Model Seven Mk II with the M7-HPA monoblock, a complete system is formed in which the amplification over the entire frequency range is driven by perfectly tailored amplification.
Richard Vandersteen is responsible for the M7-HPA’s overall design and architecture; the amplifier was developed and built in partnership between Vandersteen Audio and Dean Klinefelter, a talented designer and engineer in his own right.
M7-HPA monoblocks with a Vandersteen powered-bass speaker system is the ultimate expression of Richard Vandersteen’s philosophies on design and performance, formed over decades of industry-leading design and research, and innovation.
- 600-Watts Into 4 Ohms
- Zero-Feedback Hybrid-Tube Design With Tube Gain And Driver Stages and Dual Single-Ended Circuits Connected By The Speaker Load
- Liquid Cooled For Precise Temperature Control/Operating-Point-Of-Output Transistors
- All Signal Transistors NPN Bipolars
- Minimal Circuit Path (5 Parts in the Signal Path)
- No Emitter Resistors in Output Stage
- 10 Separate Power Supplies
- All Analog Circuit Logic – NO DIGITAL PROCESSING OF ANY KIND]
- Integral 100Hz High-Pass Filter
- Solid-Aluminum-Billet Chassis Construction
- All Active Circuitry Mounted On “Floating” Truss With HRS Vibration Isolation
- Proprietary Solid-Silver Speaker Cables With Dielectric-Bias System (DBS)
- Made In The USA